2013 NFL Draft 3rd Round Mock
April 26, 2013 2 Comments
3rd Round Mock Draft
63. Kansas City Chiefs- Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State- The Chiefs could use another corner and this guy to me is a 2nd round prospect.
64. Jacksonville Jaguars- Jamie Collins, DE/OLB, Southern Miss- The Jaguars didn’t get a rusher in the draft yet, and they need one quite badly. They take the best available rusher, not best overall player available.
65. Detroit Lions- David Amerson, CB/S, NC State- The Lions need the best available corner, and it doesn’t hurt that he can also play safety.
66. Oakland Raiders- Dallas Thomas, OG/OT, Tennessee- They haven’t addressed their offensive line yet, and they need to take the best available lineman.
67. Philadelphia Eagles- Bennie Logan, DT, LSU- Best DT available, they need to add some depth to their line.
68. Cleveland Browns- Barrett Jones, OG/C/OT- The Browns have been looking for an interior lineman, and although Jones might not be electric, but he’s a solid player.
69. Arizona Cardinals- D.J Swearinger- The Cardinals are in need of a safety, and this guy can make plays. Swearinger can make plays both in the box and in coverage.
70. Tennessee Titans- Jonathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State- The Titans need to address the cornerback position, and there are still some good ones out there. Banks is the best one available.
71. Buffalo Bills- Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State- The Bills need a tight-end, and although he may not be the greatest blocker, he’s an outstanding pass catcher which makes for a solid pick for the Bills in the 3rd round.
72. New York Jets- Keenan Allen, WR, Cal- He shouldn’t fall this far, but many teams aren’t huge fans of him because of his lack of speed and personality.
73. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Tharold Simon, CB, LSU- The Buccaneers could always use another corner just in case. Tharold Simon is a project guy but could pay off.
74. San Francisco 49ers- Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU- The 49ers need a corner, and Mathieu at one time was a Heisman finalist at LSU. I don’t see them passing on him even with his attitude and other problems that would come with drafting him.
75. New Orleans Saints- Brandon Williams, NT, Missouri Southern- Short and simple: This would be a steal, has great potential in the NFL.
76. San Diego Chargers- Philip Thomas, S, Fresno State- The Chargers are in need of a safety, and Thomas picked off a lot of balls at Fresno State. He does need a quite a bit of work though.
77. Miami Dolphins- Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia- One of the most underrated receivers in the draft. I was watching Tavon Austin film but Stedman Bailey was the one out blocking down field and doing the dirty work. Possesses great hands and is a great weapon for any QB. He is underrated overall because of an average combine but he would be a steal at 77.
78. St. Louis Rams- Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia- The Rams are in dire need of a safety, and they can’t have Dahl back there again. Rambo can make plays, and sometimes he does gets burned, but is a good player.
79. Pittsburgh Steelers- Giovani Bernard, RB, UNC- Steelers could use a running back and Bernard was used to be the highest rated, he needs to bulk up, but could be a dynamic player in the back field.
80. Dallas Cowboys- T.J McDonald, S, USC- The Cowboys need a safety because Barry Church is not their long term answer. McDonald is a fast, physical player who has potential.
81. New York Giants- Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati- The Giants could use a solid tight end, is a decent blocker and pretty good pass catcher.
82. Miami Dolphins- Montori Hughes, DT/NT, Tennessee-Martin- Hughes is a good player, but unfortunately has character issues. Talent-wise he is good, but he has to keep his nose clean.
83. New England Patriots- Jelani Jenkins, OLB, Florida- They took a lot of players in 2012 along the front seven, but Jenkins shouldn’t be here, I think they take the best player available.
84. Cincinnati Bengals- Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor- Once touted as a first round prospect, falls down here. He does have some character issues and lacks aggressiveness on the field, but could get his head turned around.
85. Washington Redskins- Corey Lemonier, DE/OLB, Auburn- If Brian Orakpo goes down again they need someone to back him up as a rusher.
86. Indianapolis Colts- Khaseem Greene, ILB/OLB, Rutgers- The Colts need to go with solid players on defense, and that’s how I see Greene. He’s not amazing, but definitely a solid pick.
87. Seattle Seahawks- Kiko Alonso, ILB/OLB, Oregon- He’s originally an outside linebacker that I think could be moved to 4-3 outside. Would be a solid pick at this spot, needs to work on consistency.
88. Green Bay Packers- J.J Wilcox, S, Georgia Southern- The Packers like drafting small school players and they need a safety. Badly.
89. Houston Texans- Shamarko Thomas, S, Syracuse- The Texans are in need of a safety, and Thomas is the best available in this spot.
90. Denver Broncos- Vance McDonald, TE, Rice- This guy is a physical freak, but he needs a ton of work. He needs to improve his hands and his routes, but who better to help him get better than Peyton Manning.
91. New England Patriots- Hugh Thornton, OG, Illinois- Thornton isn’t ready to come into the NFL yet, but will have some time to learn. He could be a good guard in the future.
92. Atlanta Falcons- Sean Porter, OLB, Texas A&M- Porter is a good player. He needs to bulk up and polish his game, but could be a great outside linebacker in the future.
93. San Francisco 49er’s- Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas- The 49er’s could use a receiver, and this guy is an explosive athlete. Has a lot of potential, with the 49er’s amount of picks I don’t see them passing him up just as a play-maker alone.
94. Baltimore Ravens- Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall- A project wide receiver, has great athleticism, but has some diva in him. He needs to mature, but could be a steal. Needs coaching.
95. Houston Texans- Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M- I can see them doubling down on receiver this year. I think it’s put up or shut up for Schaub, who was benched last year. They’re going to get him the weapons in the passing game.
96. Kansas City Chiefs- Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia Tech- They lost Eric Winston this year, and could use a right tackle. This guy has been falling, but is the best available at the position.
97. Tennessee Titans- Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU- The Titans need a lot of help on the defensive side of the ball, especially the line. Montgomery is a true 4-3 end, and he could possibly help them out there.