2013 NFL Draft 3rd Round Mock
April 26, 2013 2 Comments
3rd Round Mock Draft
63. Kansas City Chiefs- Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State– The Chiefs could use another corner and this guy to me is a 2nd round prospect.
64. Jacksonville Jaguars- Jamie Collins, DE/OLB, Southern Miss– The Jaguars didn’t get a rusher in the draft yet, and they need one quite badly. They take the best available rusher, not best overall player available.
65. Detroit Lions- David Amerson, CB/S, NC State– The Lions need the best available corner, and it doesn’t hurt that he can also play safety.
66. Oakland Raiders- Dallas Thomas, OG/OT, Tennessee– They haven’t addressed their offensive line yet, and they need to take the best available lineman.
67. Philadelphia Eagles- Bennie Logan, DT, LSU– Best DT available, they need to add some depth to their line.
68. Cleveland Browns- Barrett Jones, OG/C/OT– The Browns have been looking for an interior lineman, and although Jones might not be electric, but he’s a solid player.
69. Arizona Cardinals- D.J Swearinger– The Cardinals are in need of a safety, and this guy can make plays. Swearinger can make plays both in the box and in coverage.
70. Tennessee Titans- Jonathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State– The Titans need to address the cornerback position, and there are still some good ones out there. Banks is the best one available.
71. Buffalo Bills- Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State– The Bills need a tight-end, and although he may not be the greatest blocker, he’s an outstanding pass catcher which makes for a solid pick for the Bills in the 3rd round.
72. New York Jets- Keenan Allen, WR, Cal– He shouldn’t fall this far, but many teams aren’t huge fans of him because of his lack of speed and personality.
73. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Tharold Simon, CB, LSU– The Buccaneers could always use another corner just in case. Tharold Simon is a project guy but could pay off.
74. San Francisco 49ers- Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU– The 49ers need a corner, and Mathieu at one time was a Heisman finalist at LSU. I don’t see them passing on him even with his attitude and other problems that would come with drafting him.
75. New Orleans Saints- Brandon Williams, NT, Missouri Southern– Short and simple: This would be a steal, has great potential in the NFL.
76. San Diego Chargers- Philip Thomas, S, Fresno State– The Chargers are in need of a safety, and Thomas picked off a lot of balls at Fresno State. He does need a quite a bit of work though.
77. Miami Dolphins- Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia– One of the most underrated receivers in the draft. I was watching Tavon Austin film but Stedman Bailey was the one out blocking down field and doing the dirty work. Possesses great hands and is a great weapon for any QB. He is underrated overall because of an average combine but he would be a steal at 77.
78. St. Louis Rams- Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia– The Rams are in dire need of a safety, and they can’t have Dahl back there again. Rambo can make plays, and sometimes he does gets burned, but is a good player.
79. Pittsburgh Steelers- Giovani Bernard, RB, UNC– Steelers could use a running back and Bernard was used to be the highest rated, he needs to bulk up, but could be a dynamic player in the back field.
80. Dallas Cowboys- T.J McDonald, S, USC– The Cowboys need a safety because Barry Church is not their long term answer. McDonald is a fast, physical player who has potential.
81. New York Giants- Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati– The Giants could use a solid tight end, is a decent blocker and pretty good pass catcher.
82. Miami Dolphins- Montori Hughes, DT/NT, Tennessee-Martin– Hughes is a good player, but unfortunately has character issues. Talent-wise he is good, but he has to keep his nose clean.
83. New England Patriots- Jelani Jenkins, OLB, Florida– They took a lot of players in 2012 along the front seven, but Jenkins shouldn’t be here, I think they take the best player available.
84. Cincinnati Bengals- Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor– Once touted as a first round prospect, falls down here. He does have some character issues and lacks aggressiveness on the field, but could get his head turned around.
85. Washington Redskins- Corey Lemonier, DE/OLB, Auburn– If Brian Orakpo goes down again they need someone to back him up as a rusher.
86. Indianapolis Colts- Khaseem Greene, ILB/OLB, Rutgers– The Colts need to go with solid players on defense, and that’s how I see Greene. He’s not amazing, but definitely a solid pick.
87. Seattle Seahawks- Kiko Alonso, ILB/OLB, Oregon– He’s originally an outside linebacker that I think could be moved to 4-3 outside. Would be a solid pick at this spot, needs to work on consistency.
88. Green Bay Packers- J.J Wilcox, S, Georgia Southern– The Packers like drafting small school players and they need a safety. Badly.
89. Houston Texans- Shamarko Thomas, S, Syracuse– The Texans are in need of a safety, and Thomas is the best available in this spot.
90. Denver Broncos- Vance McDonald, TE, Rice– This guy is a physical freak, but he needs a ton of work. He needs to improve his hands and his routes, but who better to help him get better than Peyton Manning.
91. New England Patriots- Hugh Thornton, OG, Illinois– Thornton isn’t ready to come into the NFL yet, but will have some time to learn. He could be a good guard in the future.
92. Atlanta Falcons- Sean Porter, OLB, Texas A&M– Porter is a good player. He needs to bulk up and polish his game, but could be a great outside linebacker in the future.
93. San Francisco 49er’s- Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas– The 49er’s could use a receiver, and this guy is an explosive athlete. Has a lot of potential, with the 49er’s amount of picks I don’t see them passing him up just as a play-maker alone.
94. Baltimore Ravens- Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall– A project wide receiver, has great athleticism, but has some diva in him. He needs to mature, but could be a steal. Needs coaching.
95. Houston Texans- Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M– I can see them doubling down on receiver this year. I think it’s put up or shut up for Schaub, who was benched last year. They’re going to get him the weapons in the passing game.
96. Kansas City Chiefs- Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia Tech– They lost Eric Winston this year, and could use a right tackle. This guy has been falling, but is the best available at the position.
97. Tennessee Titans- Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU– The Titans need a lot of help on the defensive side of the ball, especially the line. Montgomery is a true 4-3 end, and he could possibly help them out there.